View Single Post
      11-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #41
Groundhog
Private
Rep
Drives: R-compounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
I just wanted to chime in, since everyone is jumping on Gpower for 2 blown motors due to wrong software, I'm almost 100% other F/I tuners have blown motors.

I can tell you this, Gintani has built their kit infront of my eyes, they have had their car running properly for well over 8 months with no problems.

My point is this motor can handle boost fine.

The tune can either make the product or break it.

No one is sitting here bashing RD when their software wasn't running properly but they figured out the problem. No company is perfect. I'm sure Gpower fixed the problem by now.

I still want to see a N/A with full boltons race a stroker car. It's been months and nothing was set up. I have nothing against the RD strokers but if I paid 20k, I would want to be kicking every cars ass on the street/track. I wish my car was RD stroked and supercharged, now that would be something I would love to own... Maybe later when business gets better.

I would have signed up for the forum wars but my car is not working. I've let forum members drive my car, taken anyone I know for a spin, and always go out to the mexico runs... Trust me, I would have LOVED to go.
You mention street vs track. These are two different applications. I get wanting a bigger hammer, but there are trade offs like the reliability mentioned.

The car in it's original state is sick fast almost too fast for the street IMHO. Compared to cars from even 5 years ago, it's in super car territory (and close to most supercars these days).

OP, what do you want the extra HP for? Is it for bragging rights? A quicker straight line? Canyon runs? track use? Or are you just looking for more torque? Touching the engine might not be the best solution depending on how you answer these questions... .
Appreciate 0