02-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #175
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
+1 - Also any info on the shop doing the work would be helpful as well (ie. their experience with BMW's and ECU upgrades)

I am personally waiting to see what Dinan has up their sleeves, but my understanding is the ECU upgrade from them will not be offered as a standalone. I am also interested in the Dinan exhaust which apparrently is in the final stages of development. (otherwise I may go for the AA exhaust)
The shop in Mississauga has been working on BMWs for quite some time, I wouldn't take my car there unless I trusted them. Trust me. There is only 2 ships I deal with outside of BMW.

They are the only authorized AA dealer in Ontario as far as I know, maybe even in Canada.
Nothing to worry about eitherway, because if they get the computer system from AA directly, there will be no need to take out the ECU, it will be a simple plug in your car to their computer and uplaod the new software. In and out within the hour!

I had Dinan on my E46 330, sounded nice. I got it as a gift and didnt have to pay for it, but their stuff is crazy expensive and don't yield the best gains. Their software will likely cost twice what the AA will cost you, and their gains may not be as good either! I havent heard AA exhaust in person, but I've read great stuff on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tor View Post
+1 !!! Hoping they'll release details soon! I saw and heard an M5 with a Dinan exhaust recently and it sounded great

Like I said, it will be very expensive. Im not even biased because I used to have their ECU tune, Intake and Exhaust on my previous car (E46 330ci).

Don't let the M5 sound fool you, its a 10 cylinder...its the best sounding car out there. My buddy had an E60 M5 with Eisenmann Race and it sounded better then anything I've ever heard. The M3 sounds great, but will never sound like an M5.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0