Shaan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 / '14 Tundra

ive had three different setups using the megan exhaust on 2 different E92's:

Megan mufflers only
Megan mufflers with MS test pipes
Current: Megan mufflers with Bimmerworld resonated x-pipe

my favorite of them all was definitely the muffler with test pipes. I didnt hear any rasps and as others have said, for the price and the compliments I used to get, you cant beat it. Currently the bimmerworld X-pipe has a little too much rasp for my liking at the lower RPMs. But its currently on the car, and I wanted a little more power so it'll probably stay on until I get really really tired of it.

to answer your questions

1) dB of Megan exhaust vs Megan exhaust with test pipes?( not sure if anyone did a sound test or comparison video back to back)
Naturally youll hear an increase in sound, it is noticeable but nothing too loud im my opinion

2) how much of a difference is adding the test pipes to the existing Megan muffler?( noticeable power? Noticeable sound?)
both noticeable power and sound, but again not much.

3) what test pipe do you recommend and why?
MS because ive had them before. Most if not all branded test pipes are the same if im not mistaken

4) did you need a dyno tune after test pipe install or does the simple plug and play
software all you need to experience performance gains and removal of SES light.

didnt do a dyno or a tune but yes the a tune will take care of the gains and light. Ill probably be getting a BPM tune down the road.

5) is there noticeable backfiring? Burble? Or is that related to X pipe

i didnt notice any, even with the X pipe i have now, i think thats more tune related.

I would look for a used MS x pipe. they usually pop up around here for about 700-800 bucks. thatll be my next x-pipe to try out eventually
Appreciate 0