Thread: Should I M3????
View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #13
rheistand37
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

A few things as far as I am concerned:
I don’t care about 0-60 times. Much of what achieves that is irrelevant, gearing, sticky tires etc.

What matters to me is how the car pulls outa 2nd or 3rd and subsequently shifting through a couple gears after tracking out of a street corner.

I clearly see the handling of the M3 and the noise of the v8 as a massive plus over the 335i, in fact they aren’t even in the same league, otherwise I wouldn’t consider spending more money for a car that has similar acceleration capabilities.

That being said I don’t like risking my inevitable reckless driving ticket on something that doesn’t really nock my socks off or try and buck me every now and then.

Forget the downpipe and meth etc.. Just a jb3 on map 7 in an otherwise stock car is acceptably fast. If the m3 with tune xpipe and exhaust (which I would really look forward to doing) can’t keep up I’m afraid, at least for me, no matter how good everything else is, it wouldn’t be fast enough.
Which goes back to my original post.. is this the case? People are getting 440-450 out of the m3 are they not? If the exhaust and chip claims are close to true then that should be enough to keep pace with the 400 hp and 400 torque 335i jb3 shouldnt it?
Appreciate 0