View Single Post
      05-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #175
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
C'mon man, you're entitled to your opinion, but you just went overboard.

No matter what you say, people with class DO notice good watches... It's a fact. A good watch may get you a friend in rare places, an unexpected favor, a discount on a future watch (heh), and countless approving glances from people who may never even choose to comment.

You can wear a Timex, and if you keep it clean and it's unique, then you'll get my nod of approval. It doesn't have to be a $5k+ watch, as to each his own -- but there are many benefits to fine timepieces that you may never realize due to your ignorance (no harshness intended).

This was my first nice watch, I still wear it all the time and I can even go through metal detectors with it (It's full titanium). I get compliments ALL the time, but the reason I love to wear it is because of it's functionality.

I love watches, and I love this thread.
Awesome! Another person that can't read. Apparently reading comprehension is not one of the "benefits of fine timepieces I'm not aware of."
I would love for you to point out where I said people with class DON'T notice good watches!?! While you're at it please show me where I said there were no "benefits" of a fine timepiece. Go back and

I understand readers are likely glossing through my posts because they are on the thread to read about watches, not my BS. But if you're going to make a reply to tell me I'm illogical (x1) or ignorant (x1) shouldn't you then take the extra few seconds to READ and COMPREHEND what I wrote? I mean it took you time to pen your incorrect replies anyway.

There are a concerning number of people who read something and then somehow transform it before it gets to their brain so that they can then spout the righteous response they wanted to, whether it is relevant to what they read or not. Either that or they are just incapable of comprehension and basic logic which frankly is too scary to accept as a possibility.

I respect your love of watches. I personally don't even wear one, so I guess I may not get your "nod of approval." I assume you already know I'm ok with that. Anyway, I'm done. Sorry to those for whom I was a distraction in your thread. I won't repost regardless of reply. Hopefully somebody found it interesting, or at least got a laugh...
Appreciate 0