07-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #5
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
Without data and video, its subjective speculation at best.

Your alignment and set up sounds pretty typical, so perhaps playing around a bit with compounds like you're doing may help.

I don't know your experience level, but I am assuming you're pretty seasoned basis your build.

if you were relatively new, I'd probably jump to technique. BigJae1976 helped me early on with moving from heavy initial spike to earlier softer on high speed corners. Also, many intermediate drivers tend to get off the brakes too soon and this can cause issues, especially when you need to trail brake to/or beyond apex. Turn 11 and 12 at VIR is a classic example where you must brake less but longer...braking begins at 2 board before 11 and doesn't end to just before apex of 12. But doubtful this applies to you as an advanced driver.

My advice is to get your data acquisition set up and look at your brake application. Also, you can look at individual wheel speeds to see how they are responding. You can compare with DSC on and off to see what the computer is suggesting compared to how you're doing it.

Good luck - keep us posted.
Thanks for the input. I'm definitely not ruling out braking technique. I'm fairly experienced myself. The car was build by myself and my father. He's got lots of experience with 20+ years of high performance driving, 10+ years of wheel to wheel racing and multiple regional grassroots class championships - he's also experiencing the same thing when he drives the car, which is why I came here to see if others have had similar experiences.

I agree without data it is all subjective - that's for sure the next step to see what exactly is going on. The brakes themselves are working well overall, they don't fade and stop well, so unless necessary I don't want to drop 8k on a BBK setup, especially if the issue could still persist.

I also want to make it clear that this by no means makes the car undriveable, it's simply doesn't inspire maximum confidence when really pushing the car.

Last edited by tsk94; 07-28-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 1