View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #21
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

My first car was a hand me down ‘67 New Yorker with the 440 4 barrel brute. It was a torque monster and could do long Smokey burnouts easy as Pie, I was hooked at an early age. . I’ll always have American V8 power in my life, it’s in my blood. My current Corvette is SC’d and makes over 600 hp. For a DD I still need a car with gittyup and sporty. N54 Cobbed 135i fits the bill.

Carroll Shelby was the man, big fan of his since I was a young kid in the 6o’s and my older brother explained the legendary Carroll to me and his conquest at Le Mans and his street Cobras. About 8 years ago we were in Vegas and nearby was his building. We went by to if by chance we could check it out and possibly meet the icon. As we pulled up there was a group of business men in suits outside and a taller guy with a cowboy hat, it was him. He was having some sort of business meeting so that ended that but I was glad to get a glimpse of the legend. Only way I’ll get a legitimate side Oiler Cobra is if we hit mega millions and then I will, it’ll be the first acquisition on a long list of dream cars. A 2005-06 Ford GT is also on it as is a 65 GT 350, GT 500, ‘69 Cobra Jet Mach I..............
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 06-03-2019 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 2