05-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #12
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I recently moved to Dallas and the selection here is actually pretty good, and you get track days about 10.5 months out of the year (July/August are iffy, and a lot of track use late Dec/early Jan to do their resurfacing and construction). Here's what's within 3 hours:

Circuit of the Americas
Motorsport Ranch Cresson (this is really 4 tracks)
Motorsport Ranch Houston (also multiple tracks)
Eagle's Canyon (re-opening soon)
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
Harris Hill
LG Motorsports Park (opening next year)
Texas Motor Speedway

I'm anxious for Eagle's Canyon to re-open, and to see what Lou does with LG Motorsports Park just north of Dallas. COTA is incredible and I love doing it, but the $500/day price ($400 if you do multi-day events) is tough to swallow when you also factor in hotel and such. Still, being able to drive on an actual Formula 1 track is quite humbling.

Definitely seconding the Dallas, our options here are awesome! And all within very reasonable distances!

Also, the cost of living and homeownership here is MUCH lower than most places on this list

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
Scrippy1814.50