United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
From the main RMV site. Here's the link:

http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/inspect/

Click on the right link that says "Inspection Regulation". Scroll down to page 12.

This is what it says according to them:

(13) Altered Vehicle Heights. The original manufacturers specified height of motor vehicles with an original manufacturers gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less shall not be altered by elevating or lowering the chassis or body by more than two inches , except that four-wheel drive motor vehicles with a original manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less may be altered in accordance with the provisions of 540 CMR 6.00. The Registrar may periodically provide approved altered vehicle height specifications for said four-wheel drive vehicles. Any motorvehicle altered, modified, or changed beyond the aforementioned two inches, or the Registrar's approved altered height specifications, shall be rejected.

I just grab a tape measure and it's about 5 inches of the ground from the chassis. I also measure the lip in the front and it's about 4 inches off the ground.
Sounds just like the Hawaii RECON regulation that I never wasted my time on. The RECON inspectors would make sure you have at least 2 inches of travel. If you dont, you fail. lol My old NSX would drag on the ground with a 3 inch drop. I failed once and never went back. It was a complete waste of my time and money so I kept my California plates. Much easier and I didn't have to deal with Hawaii bullshit. Sounds just like MA.
Appreciate 0