View Single Post
      07-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #90
8thgenE92
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Here's the story: Due to lack of office space and my position being a new one, I was placed in the only office space they had....with her....no one else would take it. Me being a new guy, I had no choice. She has been here almost 20 years so her built up vacation time is vast. Her back up was the receptionist, she retired last summer. The new receptionist is still in the process of learning her job and is filling in for the "HR" girl who is pregnant and is about to be out on leave. Thus leaving only the "lady" doing procurement, the receptionist and myself in the office. Once HR goes on medical leave for her baby extraction and procurement takes her many vacations, this leaves the receptionist and myself being the only two in the office aside from the plant manager. Long and short of this is that no one else wants to deal with her so they are making me do it. Learning how to be her backup has now turned into learning every single aspect of her job, all while still juggling my job. She has yet to understand that just because I am helping that I still have a job to do. It has gotten severely out of hand to the degree of paging me off my breaks when she thinks they should be over, etc. Going to management and voicing my concerns only makes things worse as the plat manager and "HR" only go to her and tell her what I said thus compounding the issue.
I don't know if someone gave you this answer, but what you can do is document all the work you're doing that is not in your job title, once you make that file you can go to HR and show them the things you did and ask them to pay you more/ for your time. If you show them all the work you did that is not in your job description, you have to be reimbursed. You're basically doing two jobs, but are getting paid for one, they will either give you a raise or basically stop making you help her. I know my coworkers do that and HR just stop asking them to do something that is not in their job tittle. They have to pay you for you time unless you're a salary worker. My coworker says it all the time "that's not in my job title." (which is not because he gets paid less in his position, so they're basically making him work my position for less money)
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00