911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Finally got my new tires! I decided on Michelin Pilot Sport 4s (275/35s). I'm still not totally sold on the ARC8s, but I figure I can always transfer over the tires if I decide on another set of wheels.

Next up on the agenda is replacing a couple more trim pieces in the interior, installing more spherical/SPL goodies, new brakes/BBK, and a CF driveshaft (currently waiting for the GB to play out). The car is about to cross 103,000 miles (which marks about 8,000 miles from when I purchased it) and it feels amazing, apart from a small vibration in the steering wheel over 80mph, and a clunk from the rear end whenever going over bumps (solid rear subframe bushings?). Hoping new tires solve my vibration issue.
Solid bushings here and no clunk over bumps.
Yeah, a few others have said the same. Incredibly frustrating. Thinking the shop that installed them (maybe) didn't tighten something up all the way on reinstallation, and now it's shifting around whenever I go over a bump—but that's just a theory. Texted the owner of the shop and got nothing. Might just end up having to take the car to a different shop to have everything checked out, and potentially have the subframe dropped again.
Appreciate 0