Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen White Edition E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenE92M3 View Post
I think this is what I will need to do. Would you mind telling me how much the Z4 Module cost you? And also what year Z4? I had no idea we could use modules from a Z4.
I bought it for $200. It's a little more than average on eBay, but the yard specializes in BMW parts, guaranteed the part was tested and working, and had a return policy, so it was worth it for me.

The part # was 37156788790, and was apparently also in the E89 Z4s (realoem is helpful for verifying these things). Again, it required coding because of the different chassis; I had a whole bunch of EDC errors when I first started the car after installing. Flashing the EDC trace file back on it via NCSExpert did the trick.

It may be worth a test to read out your EDC module with NCSExpert and then re-flash it. Some of the hardware I work with can get their flash memory in a funky state, and a re-flash will fix it. I didn't think about this before swapping the module, unfortunately.

Hope that helps!
Hey I'm really sorry for this but if you have the time could you please give me a rundown on how to reflash my EDC module, I'm new to BMW coding and such so I have just been experimenting with tool32. if it's no trouble could you PM me the procedure on how to reflash the module? just before I commit to buying one.
Appreciate 0