View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
Rodfeel
Rep
Drives: 350z

350z vs e92 m3 buttdyno

Hi guys, this is my first post and hopefully not the last.

I have been driving a 350z roadster 2005 with the 280 hp engine that revs to 6600 rpm, and I now want to move to something a bit more refined and special.
My first car was a 1999 320Ci with 200000 KM on the clock and still going strong (interior and exterior), so I know how much effort Bmw puts in their cars.

I want to get a e92 m3 but I have so many questions after test driving one today.
It felt very similar and very different at the same time than my 350z:

1-Engine: Both naturally aspirated beasts but that sound coming from the v8 is intoxicating

2-Interrior: much better on the e92

3-styling: I like both but the e92 takes it by far and also by being newer in design

4-practicality: the e92 m3 takes it again. and since I live in Morocco and the roads here are nowhere near perfect its nice to have EDC and multiple options to choose from Including the glorious DCT for stop and go traffic.

However I still have this lingering doubt in my mind that for the price they go for now its not worth the upgrade as when I floored it at 3500 rpm up to 6000, I didn't get that satisfaction as the owner didn't let me go past 6000.

So my question is since they are both naturally aspirated heavy cars, and im already used to revving the s*** out of the engine to get that satisfaction, is it much better in the e92 m3 ? or acceleration is going to feel very similar for anyone that drove both ?

I know that gearing is very different when it comes to the M3 and it kind of makes up a little for the lack of torque. But if I go to 4500 rpm and floor it to 8300, will I get that "OH SH** factor" ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Appreciate 0