View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #42
Adrian g.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Sorry to add to the zillion exhaust threads but I have something not frequently asked.

I actually love the stock exhaust. I like that it's quiet so I can drive aggressively on the street without much fuss and making a bunch of noise. Doesn't wake the family or neighbors either. I leave my house really early many mornings.

My dilemma is that I will occasionally track the car in pretty brutal 100 deg F and up conditions and on sustained 30 minutes sessions, the primary cats can risk potential engine damage (lots of discussion in the Track subforum).

So. I would like an option that is as quiet as the stock system yet removes the primary cats.

Any thoughts?

I have had the Akra Evo and that thing is too loud. Most would say the Akra Evo system is actually on the quiet side of the sound spectrum but that's what I'm dealing with. How about pairing the Akra catted X pipe with the stock or M performance mufflers? Or a valved exhaust system?
Removing the primaries will increase the noise. If you are worried about melting them on the track, have your OEM primaries replaced with HJS race catalytic converters.
Appreciate 0