Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Based on my wonderful experience with HFCs in the primary position, I would not run primary cats at all in a track car. Definitely wouldn't use a test pipe with welded-in HFCs either
Just FYI, a purposed track car like yours is used differently from stock cars that do the occasional beginner HPDE events like hooked on driving at a frequency of 3-5 times a year.

Different in that you run it hard as hell, whereas HPDE events are often 20 minute or some runs.

You see where I am trying to go here?
Makes sense?

I'm thinking worrying about cats wouldn't really apply to drivers like me. I did 5 events in the past 8 years lol!
Yeah I didn't mean to cause concern for most that occasionally track and in fact that's all this car will do on stock suspension so how hard can it be pushed anyway? Well that's my dilemma because while it won't see Shadow's use, my use will be less track days but in brutal conditions. I track it at what may be the hottest place on planet earth. Thermal is usually 10 deg or more hotter than Palm Springs. 120F is not abnormal.

With a large BBK and RE71Rs I can stay out on track for over 30 min in 100+ heat and that's the part that worries me about the stock cat collapsing. I'm not cruising around either....last time at Thermal we were flying with it faster than ZL1, Cayman R, a highly modded e92 M3 (trailered) and only a few seconds off a 991 GT3 and 458.
That is running hard with the big boys. That helps put the concern in perspective.

Is it not feasible to have a cat bypass that can be opened and closed to reroute airflow through cat or around it? I guess such an ideal an obvious solution would destroy sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
There's no space for anything like that under the car.
Bummer that's a great idea.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0