View Single Post
      10-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #152
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
There's some aftermarket efforts on M5board to mate the e9XM DCT to the e60/s85, including one guy who claims he's done it (albeit it with no proof offered other than a video of him driving around).

That said, after driving a couple manual e60 M's, I can't imagine owning it any other way.

But....

.... I think the e60 M5 reliability situation is too sever to be a valid ownership proposition (especially as I don't see a purpose to owning an M5 for any purpose other than DD, as the bulk/size of thing is a huge compromise that doesn't make sense for any function other than that). It's sad, as the e60 M5 chassis/engine/dynamics are far more in keeping with what I like from a car than my e39 M5 is.
I read one long thread about the DCT but didn't see anything concrete. Lots of lala land going on in that thread.

My issue with the E60 M5 is also the reliability. The 6MT solves like 50% of those issues if you get a late model year car.

I'm doing rod bearings on one soon and will disassemble the high pressure vanos pump to see if it's happy
Appreciate 0