View Single Post
      02-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #16
imstimpy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Ok well then i'm confused. If you have the stock xpipe on with stock cats, why are you doing drive cycles? The evolve tune should already allow readiness. Sounds like you need to contact evolve.

The key is to have the STOCK cats/xpipe installed while running a tune that allows the O2's to go ready. Aftermarket catted xpipe's generally don't work.
Why am I doing drive cycles? Frankly, because Evolve is unable to provide the calibration I've asked for. I've been in constant contact with Evolve for over three months now for various reasons. They have been attempting to provide an emissions compliant calibration now for nearly one and a half months (with no success, I might add).

Theoretically, yes, if you have an emissions compliant tune and factory cats you should be capable of passing I/M Readiness after 1-2 drive cycles. In my experience on my S2000, that happens easily in 80-110 miles.

I was contributing to this thread initially to provide the drive cycle details, which I've been going through multiple times per calibration. But since you asked, I'll tell you that I'm also dealing with this because the two calibrators at Evolve I've dealt with so far are complete imbeciles.
Appreciate 0