Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
The thing is all of us will need new cars eventually, so what do you plan to go to?

Mercedes is even more of a joke, using the same engine from a C class to the AMG GT.

The market is the one moving in the direction that annoys enthusiasts, but everyone is doing it. The same way modern BMWs have no steering feel and isolated driving dynamics, so do their competitors.
I'm with you on that
with an unbeatable inflation rate in the economy, believe it or not, the car price has not gone up as much as other material goods.

dealing with new regulations (economical and environmental), developmental cost and production cost, manufacturers will continue to do what they do now.

There will be more models available to customers but they will be a lot more similar than before, just like what you mentioned with Mercedes, what we are seeing in BMW models, and what we see in the recent VAG with their MQB chassis shared in almost all model lineups, basically same base with different roof pretty much. It only makes these "old" E90 M3s with their dedicated engines even more valuable and special.

We will need new cars eventually, you are right. My daily in the next 10 yrs will probably be a turbo or hybrid, awd, 1speed electric motor or a 15speed triple clutch (lol), gets 60mpg, and a hybrid chassis that I'll have hard time calling it an SUV, SAV, Hatch or a wagon. But in my garage for the weekend, I'll rather have a NA s65 M3, a mint S2000, or a 997.2 GT3 6MT with a Mezger motor.
I feel the same and I am doing it now haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jaehshim492.00