ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
wow i just checked Naimi's stats this year. wow! i wonder who if anyone will pick him up.
So - he was $700K a year - if you needed a goalie, it would cost you $350K to pull him off waivers. Honestly though - I think he's damaged goods at this point. I'd be shocked if he stays above AHL level at this point. Maybe the KHL will grab him once he clears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Vegas just lost its backup goalie. Time to bet on the other teams bigly!
Time table on Fluery was just listed as days - not weeks. So that's good for them. Not sure what they got down deep in the goalie position, but we're about to find out. They may want to grab Niemi for a few games - at half the cost - he may be better than what they have sitting out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Really need to wait 20 games in to see how things are settling in. For hockey the first 10 games are still like a pre-season. Once we get a 1/4 in the regular season we know what each team needs to trade for.

I'm still betting the GN will have went down several positions once things settle in. What is shocking is where the Oilers are. Would have expected a dogfight at the top with them, Ducks, Kings and Sharks....well, it's pre-season
Sometimes those really good seasons are the fluke - not the other way around. Oilers don't make the playoffs - I think it would be a huge mark on McDavid's legacy.

Needless, it should be a good match up tomorrow between Crosby / McDavid. Pit / Edmonton fans were never really granted many Gretzky / Lemieux matches through their careers. Unfortunately though, I need to travel to Flyer territory tomorrow - so doubtful I'll get the watch the game. Maybe stream it online...