View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #1267
fatalelement
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Grey M3 DCT

I'm at about 90.5K now, bought at 83.5K 10/2018. Not a daily driver, but I usually drive for pleasure most nights after work in the mountains and take road trips every weekend, and drive round trip to LA every 2 months. I put about 1-2k per month on it, on average.

Oil every 5k w/ Castrol Edge Supercar 10w60 (except last time, where I had it done at the dealership b/c I was there for other reasons, so that was BMW oil obviously)

Original RBs.

Needed:
Tstat
Actuators (x2)
Front undertray

Needs (under warranty but I have a deductible so waiting to find the time to check everything and get them to do it all in one bill):
Engine mounts
New cables for the vert top (they're fine but they are starting to fray a little bit)
Spark plugs
Valve cover gaskets (x2)

I've noticed a small noise that sounds a bit like tip-in knock when the engine's lugging around 2k (can only hear it with the windows up through the dash). I still have about 30k miles on my warranty, so honestly as sacrilegious as it sounds, I'd be happy to have the engine blow and get a reman'd one, but I'll probably bring it in when I finally get a chance to go to the dealership and get it all done at once.

Last edited by fatalelement; 01-23-2019 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0