View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #46
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Great thread.

I complained to BMWNA as this happened to me after my warranty went out. After about two weeks of stressful negotiating, the dealer gave me a goodwill price that was significantly better than the initial estimate. I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more of these Throttle Actuator issues on higher mileage e9x V8s as time goes on. If anyone is looking to buy a used M3, it is best to look into whether this work has been done on the car they are considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319 View Post
Is there any way to know if these actuators are starting to go bad? What do these actuators really do (sorry I am pretty noob to how internals of an engine work)? I have near 60k miles on my car and my car idles like I need a minor valve adjustment. I probably should have checked these out prior to installing the supercharger.
Definitely have your engine checked out. My car threw the code and went into limp mode. Upon restarting the car, everything went away, so I drove like that for a few weeks. It eventually got to the point where it would take several off/ons to get limp mode to go away, which was just a massive pain in the ass. After visiting the dealer they told me what needed to be replaced, however, the car never ran like it had any issues.
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD

Last edited by JC919; 04-12-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0