Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
Hi all,

I need a bit of help here from the UK.

After months of planning I have finally started a CIC retrofit with HD tuner and combox into my CCC equipped E93 M3. I thought sod it and bought the MR12V at the same time.

Yesterday I started installing, but have not managed to get any picture on the screen yet. I can't figure out what might cause this so have removed all extras and now have a system of just CIC, Screen and MR12V. The MR12V is correctly connected and working as I've managed to pair a phone with it that seems to be showing a carplay connection. I am not worried about sound or nav at this stage as that will be fixed with coding.

The question is, for testing purposes, to isolate as many variables as possible, I'm going to remove the MR12V from interrupting the display LVDS output from the CIC, so that the CIC connects directly to the screen.

Am I right in thinking I can leave the IDrive controller connection of the MR12V plugged in, as it doesn't actually interfere with anything? What I mean is, does the iDrive control signal require the MR12V to be on, the iDrive to function normally?

So far all my testing has seen the video signal go through the carplay, I suppose it could be a jumper switch issue.

Main problem is I have no idea if my ebay bought CIC is working as it should.
Perhaps its something to do with your harness when you converted the CCC screen to CID CIC Screen.
Double-check the pinouts and make sure it's correct.
Appreciate 0