View Single Post
      05-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #20
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

all you are basing it off of is stuff you read no real life experience correct?? if you have real life experience btw a car with a diff and one without then i take it back

he actually has real life exp with the two to compare. i don't care what you post or graphs you show nothing beats real life experience

i haven't even broken mine in yet and i can already tell the car pulls harder and is faster through the gears. def one of the best band for the bucks mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
While still observing the redline is what you mean right?

From a more general point of view:

Everyone interested in the higer FD ratio modification should read the extensive debates and analysis of their performance. In the M3 (and in many other cars) they help feel and in gear performance much more than times for 0 to speed X results or for times from one speed to another when shifts are involved.

See thread here.

As mixja pointed out in this thread a 5% power bump will do a lot more for overall performance than a diff. In my humble opinion (and based on my analysis/simulation) the benefit per dollar for a FD mod is way too low to bother.

Without very accurate testing all you have is feel and that is largely based on in gear results. You should really rely less on the butt dyno - they tend to deceive us - often.
Appreciate 0