10-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #19
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
I speculate that it is of benefit at low speed only. Once the car reaches a given velocity, the ram effect of the front lower intake prolly supplies more than enough air. Being as the hood vent is in a relative low pressure area, I would think it "leaks" air at speed.

I was thinking a simply "louver" system would work fine. Of course, given the system would pressurize (per se) if the hood vent was closed.

I wish my car was not in the shop...I would monkey around with it and start to prototype something up....just for the hell of it.
Tim,
Ever monkey around with that louver? I may try to apply a flapper...like what's used on an inside/outside exhaust duct on the inside of the airbox, where the hood vent meets the airbox to achieve that "one-way" valve.

Or a rubber plate to cover the hole and have smaller flappers...or louvers...cut into it.

Be good,

TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0