View Single Post
      04-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
jid2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP

MCS with reservoirs is a pretty involved suspension install especially as it is an a la carte kit and there are no cohesive install instructions. I'm nearing completion, had a lot of kids baseball games and plans so didn't get all the time I needed this weekend. A few of my notes.

Wrestling the lower control arm to rear hub alignment to get the bolt in is not fun.

I'm using the ground control articulating rear perches and with the 9" springs I had to cut a section out of the adjustment rod. But I had to complete the install and test fit before cutting - which made double the work.

Make sure to route the resevior hose and can before connecting all the links. Makes it much easier. I choose to mount the damper with the hose towards the wheel as that made more clearance than towards the spring side. But that gives you a bit less hose to work with once you get to mounting the can in the trunk.

In the front the BW adjustable end links comes with busings. They seem to fit into my Hotchkins swaybar but do not fit into the MCS bracket. I had to run directly to the end link fastener - no bushing. Hadn't set length yet, but you can twist the bar to help as said.

There's a balance of negative camber and caster with respect to the top hat hole in the chassis. You can't max out both, unless you cut the chassis.

Placing the cans in the front takes some work on a street car. You need to run the Burger motorsports cabin filters to open up a space for them in the firewall area. You can choose to also get rid of the plastic tray or not.
Appreciate 1
Exclusivs542.00