12-09-2020, 07:44 AM   #111
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Are u doing rear spherical conversion next? If you need the tapered washers for the rear wishbones and guide rods outboard bushes, I have some spare sets I made up recently.
I am Redd, yes...will be talking about that next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
@reidetailing I have almost the same car except its '11 with DCT. I will be modifying it but I WON'T be chronicling it like you. You are impressive with the detail.

I was lucky to get a single owner car with low mileage that was near perfect. I'll be doing suspension 1st then wheels. After that I'll probably upgrade the audio and MMI.

It's great to such a passionate owner.
Thanks jbass, I appreciate you being here and being a part of my journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
Loving the build progress Alex! The attention to detail here is unbeaten!
Ross, you're the best!

Here is the update I’m sure you’ve been waiting for!!

This update takes place in September 2020.

I’ve really been trying to take Sky to a different level overall with how the car behaves. In order to do that, I needed to think a bit outside-the-box with what part selection from parts readily available in North America that I’m sure perform very well. I decided to look over the pond and inquire with Mario@MK-RennsportTechnik for Motorsport-Grade parts that he offers for our cars.

With my purchase of a spare used OEM Subframe that I would have fully refreshed, and having already purchased Turner Motorsports Solid Subframe and Differential Bushings, I asked Mario about what components I could purchase that I might be missing for the rear of the car.

Mario hinted at this one package he offers for the Rear Subframe that incorporates the following components:

To be more specific, the parts included in this kit are:
  • Bumpsteer Correction Kit
  • Camber Correction Kit
  • Rollcenter Correction Kit

These parts are of the most aggressive nature, and are not really designed for someone looking for the quietest ride. Seeing as though I hardly drive this car, I want every time that I do drive it to be the most raw, aggressive and connected ride possible…hence why I’m ok with such racing parts being installed on Sky.

Here’s a picture of the kit:

Absolutely gorgeous if you ask me! For those interested, here are the product details (directly from Mario’s website):

Benefits :
  • Made in Germany
  • Much better feedback
  • Significantly more grip
  • Protective anodized in black
  • Much more precise rear axle
  • Material test certificate available
  • Beveled edges make installation easy
  • Change / correction of the articulation points
  • No more elastokinematic trace and camber change
  • CNC-turned & milled from high-strength aerospace aluminum 7075 T6
  • High-strength maintenance-free, motorsport uniball joint (Made in Germany)
  • Motorsport tested in various racing series, 24h, BMW Challenge, tourist traffic

While also on his website, I noticed that he offers replacement Trailing Arms. Now when considering Trailing Arms for this car, I initially looked at the ones offered by Future Classic:

These are very nice, and I’m sure would have sufficed…HOWEVER, when you see the MK ones, I think you’ll be blown away with the quality of them:

Wow is all I can say!

Now one thing I want to point out is that the experience with Mario definitely was not super easy. He is quite difficult to get ahold of, as he’s heavily committed to racing, whether that’s him behind the wheel or supporting his racing clients competing in DTM Nurburgring, or other racing events in Germany.

I definitely learned the virtue of patience throughout this process, and I will definitely be better prepared for future orders with him. Admittedly, I was super anxious that I would wake up at 3am EST to reply to his email, just so I could catch him in the emailing headspace, in hopes of hearing back from him immediately instead of a few days later Extreme…yes!

Mario is definitely very knowledgeable with his products, and he is a very nice person from the emails we’ve exchanged. I’m happy to be a client of his, and happy to share with you all some of the highest quality motorsport-grade parts available for the E9X platform!

If you are looking to take your car to a different level, I would definitely recommend emailing Mario. He definitely ships worldwide (as I’m in Toronto).

Please enjoy the pics of the parts:

Thank-you all for stopping by and stay tuned for next update where I get another part from “over the pond!”

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 6
Senpai481.50
911r891.00
//steve\\1074.00
roastbeef11586.00
tlrid3r513.50