Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Curious to see what kind of BS laws you have where you live.

I was thinking about the "nanny state" that more and more is being implemented, punishing parents for educating their kids for example.

Whenever you have MORE state, more BS laws are created.
In Canada, you have to wear a helmet when riding a bike and a seatbelt when driving. It makes sense for the state to control these things since everyone pays for healthcare should you get injured.

I never understood why the US mandates seat belts, for example. Seems like a BS law.

Whatcha got?
Good thread! But what's wrong with mandating seatbelts? Getting ejected is never fun.

But to your point, I think not wearing your seatbelt is a Primary Offense in most states, which is usually used to pull people over to find other (often more serious) offenses.
My point is: why do we as a society care if someone decides to be ejected from their vehicle?

We do in universal care countries because we all pay for the care of the dumbass... in the US, not so much. Or not?
I dunno, I think a lot of people would unnecessarily die if there were no seat belt laws.

In fact, I think that's exactly what happened in the past, and why the law exists.

However, washing mules on the sidewalk? Now that's perfectly safe.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50