View Single Post
      11-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #47
M33too
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Some people mention the Deltran batteries. I actually don't recommend them, because they don't have any management circuitry. If you discharge the battery below say 6 volts, there's a good change it's permanently damaged, or even ruined.

Also, if there is an issue, they can still catch on fire if the battery is damaged and an attempt is made to use them. Overcharging also can cause a fire. The Voltphreaks batteries have protection against all these things (it shuts the battery off if there's something wrong or something that can cause damage occurs, like overcharging or over-discharging).

I think the non-full BMS (battery management system, with overdisharge and*over-charge protection) batteries are still new, so there's not many of them out there in use, but as more and more are in use, there will be more and more failures.

I'm aware of several failures with different brands (not deltran, but deltran is new) that have failed or worse, sometimes caught fire, that don't have the full BMS. If going with a lithium battery, I recommend you get one with a full BMS!
Appreciate 0