View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #10
M3KW
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Call your credit card company and let them know that there will be unusual high activity in regards to gas stations.
This is true, never thought about that, last thing I need is to have my card blocked due to excessive fuel stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by besiktas View Post
keep a quart of engine oil in the trunk. just in case.
A good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Actually, really do this. Twice my card has been deactivated for multiple stops in various states in one day of driving.

A quart of oil as others are saying. Can't find it anywhere.

I have this as a backup/alternative to the Mobility kit: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38
I will have a look at this, currently I have a tyre solution that seals the leak but this will not be a bad idea as a backup considering what happened last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
It's not horrible bad, I can manage to get 330 miles/530kms a tank
I get at best 450km's and that is pushing it but that is with a mix of spirited driving, city and highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Specifically on long drives at highway speeds, the car eats oil. You want an extra quart of 10w60 in the trunk. If you don't have it, you can substitute a more common oil like 10w40 without much of an issue, but it's best to have the 10w60.
I know that Castrol is recommended, but BMW lists part numbers like LL-01. Will any oil that is 10w60 be fine?

With regards to that mobility kit, I have read the manual and attempted to use it once. The end result was that I got covered in liquid latex and made a HUGE mess. How does one use this properly? Must the entire tyre be deflated and how does that compressor work? I think my mistake was that the tyre still had air in it, which caused the latex container to start spraying uncontrollably.

Thanks for the ideas so far