View Single Post
      10-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #198
m13s
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Wow, I just read through this thread. This should be required reading for HPDE instructors and put in a classroom for students. Simply a great thread all around and no disrespect to the original post, but this thread is textbook on a novice driver chasing lap times, via car mods. Pheew, it got better and better, people getting pissed off, suggestions asked for and good feedback given and promptly ignored. On several posts an instructor was recommended and the response that stuck out was not needed, I have 15 years on my Ducati. Suspension is a 4 way remote MCS on a street car? At no point did I read it was even corner balanced, let alone set up by a professional set up person.

The Goal was trying to flow more speed through corners and what I saw on video (Mind you no hands or head visuals) is that you would best be served with a coach that you pay for to teach you and master the basics. Stop wasting money on car mods and put it into driving. I would put the stock suspension back in as well.

There are two types of drivers, analytical and intuitive. You, my friend, have taken analytical to a whole different level.

Sorry if this is coming across as harsh, that is not my intent, I work with a lot of clients and this is one of the best challenges I have seen in a while.

You may want to think about renting a Miata and spending a weekend at a racetrack with a coach. Then with a baseline suspension setup go back to the track with your car and coach and practice some more. Then you can make adjustments to 'tweak' the suspension to the track and needs. I would also pull out all timing devices as you are so focused on times and data you do not allow for focus on driving.
Expecting laps times to fall by doing what your currently doing is a fools errand.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps, if you want to speak further send me a PM and I would be glad to help.

best regards,

Michael

Last edited by m13s; 10-09-2018 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0