04-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #34
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorM3 View Post
I used Setting 5 Full HD (not wider angle mode, and it's just right!), and mounted the suction cup on the windshield and gave the camera minimal clearance to the steering wheel, so that is was possible to turn the steering wheel with room for you hands and the DCT Flippers. The camera filmed upside down, i corrected that if Final Cut.
Engine sound is like this with the open back plate for the cam with it mounted on the bumper.

I used the GoPro camera with the non waterproof backing (open), without a microphone, the sound came from the lower bumper camera, i cound't believe the sound quality would be this good.Dash cam was mounted to the windshield.
Suction cap to windshield and from there to dashboard... interesting I though that won't be possible with the lenght of the suction cap arm. I also didn't want anything (even small things) blocking my view. I attach mine to steering column. If I use 720p mode for widest angle, I can with both speedo and rev counter. Kinda fish-eye effect due to wide angle but still OK.

I will attach my Zoom HD to the lower grill of the front bumper and test it out. Your results are encouriging. I will also try rear bumper to get exhaust sound.