No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46zhpbmw View Post
Hey guys,

Have been reading a lot on this forum for many years. Decided to make an account so i could pose a question to all of you. I ALSO KNOW that this topic has been discussed on this very forum and on youtube etc since time Immemorial. I am asking you to help me make a decision.

A little background: I come from a long line of BImmers, e46m3 (2 of them) a few daily e90's and currently daily a e90 328xi. With that said I am asking you guys your opinion on the comparison of these two cars. I have saved enough money to own one in the near future and am currently comparing a 2011 e92 m3 comp package, white on red interior. Approx 100 000km for $27k ish. OTOH 2013 Audi rs5 white, bang olufsen all the bits etc.. approx 32k

I know the weak points of both cars and i would address them as soon as i purchase the car (e92, rod bearings) (rs5, carbon buildup)

I Know this is a lengthy first post and understand that i am on an m3 forum. I have driven many e90 m3's hwoever have not driven the RS5.

Disclaimer: I NEVER track my cars, they would be used occasionally and i drive pretty reserved at this point in my life. what would you guys say are the plus pooints of each platform and from a realistic standpoint convince me to get the e92.

thanks in advance . Cheers
I went from a tuned 335 to a brand new 2013 S4. The s4 was comfortable but not special. I immediately regretted getting rid of the 335. S4 pushed badly on the track and in general felt numb. Traded the S4 for an E92 M3 and fell back in love with driving. The M feels alive. It communicates, and still feels special 5 years later. I've never had a better car, and if I had to replace it today I would find another just like it. Strongly suggest you go drive the cars and the decision will be easily made. Good luck with the search and have fun on the journey!

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 0