12-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #1981
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
Track: Thunderhill CCW 3.0mi Bypass
Best lap time: 1:55.55 (transponder and traqmate)

Car: 2011 E92 M3 DCT
Suspension: KW Clubsports, Eibach FSB
Brakes: StopTech ST-40 Fronts, EAS Rear Rotors, PFC-08 Pads Front/Rear
Mods: Akrapovic Evolution Full Exhaust System, AA Pulley, MS Intake, BPM Tune, Racetech Race Seats, Bimmerworld Rollbar, Zebulon Front Splitter, Zebulon Rear Wing
Tires: 295/30-18 Nankang AR1s on ARC8 18x10.5 Front/Rear
Weight: 3550 lbs w/ driver

Really fun day out with SpeedSF. Hung out with kpewpew for most of the day - he also set a new PB! Really liked running the bypass config. This is the first time I've run it, second time on the east course. Couldn't have asked for better weather, no wind, 50F, and sunny. Gonna be tough to match the times we ran today! My car was really feeling good.

This lap was during the SpeedSF Challenge, which was awesome because I actually got to run some open laps with just a couple McLarens out in front to act as rabbits. I could get them through the slower stuff and the corners but my little NA V8 is no match in the straights. I ended up resetting the S2 class record on this lap by just under a second - not bad for the first time out!

Watch for the ultra-code-brown moment at the end of the lap. One of the cars blew a motor and gathered up the car behind him after because of the slick. I got really lucky to avoid becoming a part of it. Sorry for the terrible audio - I like this camera angle since you get to see a bit more excitement, but I'll have to get a different camera with an external audio input if I keep using that spot.

Video:

Great save! Could have been very messy with those cars sitting there...
Appreciate 0