01-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #208
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Please be careful out there on icy roads this and every winter

Yesterday 7 young lives where erased all teenagers in two different accidents in Ontario - Canada.

This one claiming 4 lives ===> due to a collision of 3 cars with icy road conditions

and

This one claiming 3 lives ===> Due to a drunk driver

I get so angry when young lives are lost under such unnecessary circumstances that are truly preventable by parents and stiffer law enforcement's.

I ask myself do parents not care anymore what there young once are doing, planning or where they are? Would the 3 car accident not have been preventable by checking the weather forecast and not driving at night after rain turned to snow and temperatures dropped below the freezing mark? Or there parents insisting to stay in a hotel/motel overnight till the roads clear and it be safe to drive. Perhaps parents did indeed recommend this to the young once and they just ignored it?

In the case of the drunk driver - I think our laws are just not tough enough to discharge this also the establishments (bars etc) should be held responsible for such a tragedy with very heavy fines.

Even if the drunk driver was at a friends house his friend should not have let him leave. He must have been in over the top condition to run over three teenagers from behind and take there lives.

Perhaps one day there will be police stationed outside of the bar(s) to take offenders like the driver that drank in a bar straight to jail to sleep it off or at least take away his keys and put him into a taxi and instruct the taxi driver to send the bill to the bar.

I do realize that if the driver drank at a friends house then his friend if he is one should have taken his keys and put him into a taxi.

How many young lives need to be wasted like this I ask myself when I see stories like this on TV or read about it in the newspaper.

May those young folks R.I.P. and may there loved ones overcome there grief by remembering the happy memories.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0