06-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #7
Megabrode
He's experimenting with something...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKD View Post
Also not sure if anyone you've been warned yet, but don't try your luck and speed in Virginia. We've got the strictest laws in the nation (20+ over the speed limit is reckless and can come with jail time). I would definitely head west or north to MD if you're looking for backroads.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm an occasional autocrosser and "mature" daily driver. IMO, you don't need illegal speed to enjoy twisty roads, which seem abundant in this beautiful state.

Strict Virginia traffic law may help explain the relative lack of rude, mindless, and/or insanely aggressive drivers you see in Florida. People here actually use their turn signals! The main thing that bugs me is I'll need a license plate on my front bumper. It's ugly, but I suppose it's some protecton in tight downtown parking.

My radar detector is retired to the trunk, for use out of state. Is it true that you're OK if the thing is not kept in your passenger compartment?
Analog 2011 e92 M3 | Jerez Black | Black Novillo | 6MT | CF roof | No iDrive, Nav, M button, ZCP, EDC, or center hump | ZHP shift knob | OMP 1010 pedals | K&N filter | Dinan engine tune | OEM exhaust mod (bypass) | EAS exhaust tips | shaved front bumper | 19" Apex EC-7 | 12 mm rear spacers
Appreciate 0