View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 11:53 PM   #75
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

So the AutoTecknic "V2/butterfly/Competition" paddles arrived.

The finish is nice, almost like a powder coat, kind of grainy. Neither paddle set reallllly matches the OEM trim, the "V1" is a little shiny/metallic, while the the V2 is a bit bright/grainy. Though they look quite different next to each other, they are on opposite ends of the OEM trim, and so both paddles actually match well enough.

However, the V2 paddles have a very weird asymmetry to them - see from the side here, one paddle is squared and the other is tapered, both along the edge and where they screw in. Maybe immaterial but I find it odd.

Versus the V1 (which are also thinner - not sure which will fit better or if there's a difference, the threads are the same size but the V2 has more material around the threads):

Ultimately I am keeping the V1s after all. I like the shape more (the V2 perimeter shape is nice but the shape of the cutout windows seems random), the +/- symbols actually match that of the OEM paddles (even though I thought I wanted engraved, it looks too conspicuous in the flesh), and they seem machined a little bit better... being cheaper is just icing. I’ll note that I actually like the OEM paddles, both in finish and shape, it’s just that they’re too small.

Last edited by wyatth; 03-15-2019 at 12:39 AM..
Appreciate 0