01-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
I just want to wash tar off n go. No time for waxing n sealing. But I also don't want to let the specs collect for 3 months in between zainos n claying. Ny other ways?
If you don't have time to wax or seal the car I suggest using a spray wax while you are drying your car. Mist the car with the spray wax while drying and it will give you some protection albeit not as good as applying a conventional sealant or wax.

Here is the spray wax I like to use while drying:

Lucas Slick Mist

Believe it or not that was the only product used on the paint on my car for the IND photo shoot in my link below! This stuff is super quick and easy to use and gives a nice slippery surface with a nice shine in between waxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA View Post
Inevitable and quite noticeable on a white car. Best way to remove them is claying, which should be part of your periodic details. You could also try Tarminator as suggested above, and I've done this a couple of times, but that removes all your protection so you have to re-seal/wax afterward. That's just too much work during normal washes (and unrealistic, really, if your car is a DD). Its best to just accept it and then remove periodically. I clay my car about twice a year.

Let clay be a last resort. Try and keep your paint clean by regularly washing your car and using a chemical like Tarminator for stubborn spots that aren't removed by washing. I would only clay the areas that your tar remover chemical can't take care of.

Remember Clay is an abrasive and does introduce micro marring to your paint even when done correctly. I usually only clay my entire car before I intend to polish it.

Last edited by BMRLVR; 01-24-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0