View Single Post
      07-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

...Audi A4 Quattro.

I've been looking for a daily that's a bit friendlier on gas, and on Friday pulled the trigger on a super-clean 2010 A4 Quattro 6MT. Navi, Bang & Olufsen surround sound, heated leather seats, etc. Two owner car, 2nd owner purchased it CPO, Audi replaced the pistons, rings, etc 18k ago to address the excessive burning issue it was discovered to have (some of the '09/'10 EA888 engines had this issue and Audi fixed them under warranty), dealer-maintained, all service records available. Completely stock except for a Revo Stage I tune. A friend of mine and I flew to CT Friday and spent two days driving it back. Pics to come later.

This is where it gets interesting. On the way back, we ran into an S55 M4 vert that wanted to play on an empty stretch of freeway. At about a 70mph roll, we did....and we walked him. Slowed down, let him hop in front, and he punched it....and we walked him down. We could hear his engine working, and at the speed we were going, it wasn't a "he wasn't trying" kind of situation. Completely took me by surprise, to say the least, and my friend was shocked. My tune gives me about 255/285 hp/tq, as per Revo, but the S55 makes quite a bit more. The A4 weighs in about 3600lbs, and the M4 vert tips the scales at a little over 2 tons. My passenger weighed in @ about 230, we had our gear, so the weights were close.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with the acquisition.
Appreciate 0