View Single Post
      12-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #64
SnakeKiller
Private
Rep
Drives: Ford F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
That was 50 years ago man . And it still lives in the past, just like the other 'ponycars'. I'm not a fanboy of any brand or model, but man, I absolutely HATE retro crap. Something reminiscent of it, like the Merc SLS AMG okay, but the 'modern' ponycars look like crap inside and out. To be fair, the Mustang is the best, but still feels like 30 years old. You sit in a hole of ugly plastic and awful design and materials. I'm a performance guy, but I'd MUCH rather own a freaking Hyundai Genesis coupe V6 than any Mustang, no matter how powerful. But if you're only after straight-line performance, I can see the attraction of it. To each his own. And no, the M3 is not remotely close to being perfect either, but MUCH more satisfying to drive and own IMO. Good day.
wow what a ridicules comment, the mustang is as relevant today as it was 50 years ago, not only that its become the best bang for buck car in the world. no one can question the mustang history, 50 years of non-stop production, 50 years of racing history a feat many cars can't match. the mustang has a lot of shortcomings, its limited by its price tag. we can't really compare a luxury make, to a make for the masses, but you can certainly compare performance. you need to read some reviews and be less bias, the mustang does not feel 30 years old(fan boy talk).

the 70's crippled the mustang image but it was regain back quickly, with cars like the LX, 5.0L, cobra(R), SVO, mach 1. some how this cars are forgotten by import fans, and they seam to think ford hasn't made a fast good handling car forever, let alone one with IRS. the M3 is indeed the ultimate driving machine(well in most minds) but its starting to lack in what got it there.
Appreciate 0