captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
That was 50 years ago man . And it still lives in the past, just like the other 'ponycars'. I'm not a fanboy of any brand or model, but man, I absolutely HATE retro crap. Something reminiscent of it, like the Merc SLS AMG okay, but the 'modern' ponycars look like crap inside and out. To be fair, the Mustang is the best, but still feels like 30 years old. You sit in a hole of ugly plastic and awful design and materials. I'm a performance guy, but I'd MUCH rather own a freaking Hyundai Genesis coupe V6 than any Mustang, no matter how powerful. But if you're only after straight-line performance, I can see the attraction of it. To each his own. And no, the M3 is not remotely close to being perfect either, but MUCH more satisfying to drive and own IMO. Good day.
The dicussion was about tradition. The 2002i was also 50 years ago.

I wonder how many of the posters here that are commenting on the way the GT500 drives have actually driven one?

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 12-03-2010 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0