08-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #120
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I've heard of so many stories with faulty/failed/malfunctioning DCT transmissions I really want to take a flight to Germany and slap BMW in the face. It's really ridiculous.

I have two friends with brand new '11 E92s and both, yes both of their cars have had these messages. One received a new transmission (at 1,300 miles) the other is at 7,000+ miles and still dealing with it - trying to get a new one as well.

I too have had a malfunctioning transmission on my '11 E92 - I got rid of the car.

I was dealing very intimately with my insurance company and found out that they pulled documentation on THOUSANDS of M3s with similar transmission malfunctions/clutch problems/systematic failures/etc. related to the DCT.

I don't want to say it's a poorly engineered/built transmission since I am not in a position to do so, however, there have been way too many problems I've read on the forums, heard of through third-party sources and personally experienced.

I've had a lot of nice cars in my day and as much as I LOVED and still LOVE the M3, it's not the best built of cars.

BMW is simply cashing in (with record quarters - they are the most profitable of the 3 German automakers) and they simply don't give a shit.

I've already had BMW replace an oil pump, ignition coils, TPMS monitor on my '11 328i Convertible with less than 4,000 miles.

My 550i always gave me plenty of headaches. Couldn't wait to get rid of that thing.

Never had one problem with my E39 540i...

Time to buy a Benz...

THANK YOU! I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR MONTHS NOW!!!!! Exactly why the C63 AMG Coupe is so enticing.
Appreciate 0