View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #1258
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylukes View Post
I just installed the Bimmer-tech MMI Prime in my dad's '14 650i coupe. It's really nice, very easy install (similar to our e9x's except I didn't have to run anything up through the A pillar for the mic). Quality of the kit was great, and so far the sound quality seems very good for running via the aux input. It's wireless and connects very fast. I'm going to go this route for my '11 e93, either Black Friday or Christmas time. Not driving it enough right now to justify but it's on my to-do list :-)
Good to hear, I feel like the Bimmertech seems to have the least complaints and easiest integration with a rear view cam rather than trying to source multiple parts and then sitting there trying to figure out which pins or software update you need to get things to work. At the end of the day time is money, so I'd rather splurge a few extra hundred for that piece of mind and customer support.

I'm in the same boat, if they have a black Friday sale I'll live with the Tune2Air adapter for the limited amount I'm driving and then do this over the holidays.