Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Looks like with Randy Pobst behind the wheel, the Model S Plaid was able to set the Willow Springs record and beat both the CT5-BW and M5CS.

Attachment 2735482
Randy is an incredible driver but he screws up a lot of fast times as he doesn't understand that the paddles allow you to change gears yourself. He did the same thing with M2CS as well. Even complained it didn't select the right gear. Hello. See those thing either side of the wheel? Well they let you change gears faster than using a clutch pedal and let you have more car control. Ok. He's old. Still love him though.

He probably didn't select the right modes for M5CS as well as not understanding what paddles are for.

Having said all that, yes, he's a Porsche guy and yes, Porsches are the only car where the computer does a better job at selecting gears than a human. For me, that's not a good thing but I'm sure some folk like it that way.

As for the Plaid. That thing is nuts. Like strapping a missile to the ass of a guy with no interest or skill in driving that went out to buy some luxury whitegood. It's really not going to end well for these people.

This Adam Sandler tribute guy makes good videos though. I'd still take the M5CS all day every day over those other two things. I think it will go down as the pinnacle of M5ness. A category BMW invented and perfected. The swan song to a category defining icon.
Appreciate 0