View Single Post
      08-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #109
DefBringer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I kinda find this test funny, Ford builds one qood car and that is it they are suddenly the premier automaker on the planet!
I'm confused, are you interested in buying Ford motor company or one of their cars?

Quote:
The M3 and Mustang GT are almost never cross shopped. I do respect that the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 is an amazing performer and give credit where credit is due but I for one don't place all my weight on 0-60 and quarter-mile times.
I've cross-shopped them. I don't really care a lot about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times as I do the driving experience. It's a good thing R&T included race track lap times...which you conveniently omit from your tirade.

Quote:
A car company has to earn a reputation by building quality products over a long period of time. The Germans have been getting praise and accolades for 25 years now for delivering amazing cars that people loved to own and drive.
Again, I'm confused. Are you trying to sell your BMW stock to someone here? Or are we debating the merits of two cars?

Quote:
If Ford continues to deliver products like this for the next 5, 10, 20 years then maybe they will enjoy a reputation as a true competitor to the German marques.
If you had even the slightest knowledge of motor racing history you would realize how ridiculous your statement is.

Quote:
By The Way: One thing a Mustang owner will never get is Exclusivity..... no matter what model or colour mustang you get there are gonna be tens of thousands out their exactly like yours. That may not matter to most people but it matters to me.
Ok, so you would rather drive an exclusive car than a common car? What if the world was full of Porsche 911's and there were only a tiny, tiny number of Pontiac Vibes in existence? By your logic you'd prefer the Vibe.

In summary...

You're a pretender. You don't deserve the car you drive because you own it for the wrong reasons; to impress people and to make you feel like a more substantial person than you are.

That said, I do think the M3 is clearly the superior car for absolutely none of the reasons you give.
Appreciate 0