05-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I'd like to see how it transitions. I find cars nowadays are getting better on lateral G but a track will have transitions and bumps.

I don't think the rear suspension can handle anything but the smoothest road surfaces.

Until they put that beast of an engine in a better chassis with IRS I would pass on it as it still a straight line car.

My 08 M3 was stolen and I rented a 2013 mustang GT for a few weeks. I was VERY disappointed with its handling. The engine was great but it can't handle bumps at all. It bounces way too much in the back.

Wait for the new chassis that will come out with IRS. I think then it will be a contender for track use.

That's my opinion and I came VERY close to picking one up when mine was stolen but in the end I ordered a 2012 M3 because I hated the bounciness and terrible transitioning.

I would buy the Camaro over the GT500 as its proven to handle extremely well on the track and has plenty of power for street use. My problem with the camaro is its weight.

I think the next gen Mustang and Camaro will be amazing. I would hold off unless you prefer drag racing.

The gt500 does 0 to 60 in first gear which helps on that amazing time.
The Camaro, while a tad more comfortable in the rear, is a piece of shit by comparison. Drive both cars for a week and you'll enjoy the lighter weight, nicer interior, and the overall ability to see out of the Mustang much better.

I had an '08 Bullitt Mustang, and I honestly don't understand what you guys are talking about. The rear end wasn't perfect over bumps, especially when it corners, however it wasn't as bad as anyone's making it out to be. I also had a 2011 GT for a week with the Brembos, 3.73 with LSD, etc. and I found the car to be fantastic. It was not as good as my M3, but it was better than a Corvette for every day use, as well as a cross-country tourer.

The Mustang is more car than people give it credit. The solid rear axle is no snake charmer, but it's certainly good enough for any sort of use.

I haven't driven the Boss on or off track, so I can't comment there.

And while we're being honest, for those who don't like the plastics of the Mustang, have you seen what happens to a $70,000+ M3 after 30K miles?! The steering wheel and grab handle trim comes off on your fingers, the seats make noises when getting out of the car, the whole interior rattles like it's a damn Cadillac CTS. That's atrocious!

So for those talking shit about the Mustang, remember that our M3s are not perfect, and for the money, aren't as good as they could be.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0