View Single Post
      02-28-2016, 08:40 AM   #16
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
I use an AR pressure washer. Kranzle seems to be a popular choice but I ultimately went with the AR since they had their own foam cannon attachment for sale as well. I didn't want to deal with buying adapters or trying to figure out what goes where so I just went with their foam attachment that comes ready to use out of the box and its definitely the famous MTM foam cannon. Mine is the low end model at 1500 psi and 1.5 GPM. It does the job great and Ive had it for two years now.

If you can get a deionizer do it. It's the ideal setup. Get a coating for the car so that the foam wash will clean the car almost completely. You can just let it air dry after so no water spots should be present. It's pricey but so worth it I think.
+1 - the foam cannon is, IMHO, essential, and easier should the pressure washer come with the correct fittings. As the Poster I quoted mentions, having a coating on your paint simply elevates the efficiency and ease of using a foam cannon. I have Opti Coat on my M3 and Modesta on my 911. I use a variety of the Chemical Guys foaming agents and I am constantly blown away by how clean my cars are (and look) after using the foam cannon. My pressure washer cost less than $90 at Home Depot and it is a veritable POS, however, it works and I will use it until it dies and then purchase a Kranzle. My Honda gas powered pressure washer is simply too big and too noisy to haul out each time I want to wash the cars, so it's used mainly for household projects. The one thing I would change from my current setup is to have a permanently connected pressure washer so I am not fussing with the garden hose, connecting and disconnecting etc. My intention is to obtain a longer pressure washer hose and connect a reel to my garage wall, have the pressure washer connected to the faucet inside the garage, and simply turn it on and off when I need to use it. PS: Don't cheap out on the foam cannon, you'll end up having too purchase a good one, eventually. My foam cannon cost more than my pressure washer: http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html
Appreciate 0