View Single Post
      01-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #23
Kurohouou
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
Can you post some pics? Do you really NOT see this at all and is totally not visible?

I guess my thought is why couldnt you just get a new paint job on your bumper or maybe even the hood every 5 years. Seems like a lot of mess and money to "protect" something that is relatively easy to re-paint in 5 years.

I would really miss waxing mine
I would try to post a picture but my car is covered in a layer of east coast salt Maybe in a few days when I get it washed I can post a picture. Honestly its very hard to see on my Jerez Black M3. The day it was put on I was walking up to the car and at first I didn't even think they had put it on yet. Not until I was about 2-3 feet away could I just make out the line on the hood. The bumper is almost impossible to tell that it has a clear shield. Like I said, its not a 100% perfect solution, but I am very happy with it.

As for repainting the bumper every 5 years, I am against painting in general, for one it might not be 100% match and two after one or two years your bumper is going to look like crap with chips.. do you really want to see that. With the clearshield it looks great day in day out for years. Seeing a small little line on my hood is worth it to me not to have any chips. The last car I owned without a clear shield the bumper looked like it was under mini machine gun fire with all the little chips on the bumper after just one year. It was horrible! I don't ever want that again.
Appreciate 0