09-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #38
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Euro cars come with idrive and mdm as standard while EDC is an option so it would seem entirely likely that they are not a connnected system.
No, thatīs wrong ... idrive and mdrive are also options in euro cars ... I also an car without idrive because I donīt like the doublehump design for an sportscar.

I wish I could have all the mdrive features: MDM DSC mode , Sport Servotronic steering setting and Sport Plus Power setting without the need for idrive. I could live without the posibility to configurate my car with the mdrive function. I only need the M-Button in the steering wheel ... if I push the button all special features are ON.

Like mkoesel I think all the features are in every M3, but BMW wants to sell the idrive option, because when I buy idrive to get mdrive, I also buy the costly BMW Navi because the screen is 50% useless when I donīt use the navi option.

My god BMW the M3 is an sportscar - why it is necessary to choose an comfort option (idrive) to get the sportiest options ??? ... give us the mdrive features (not self configuratable) via the m-Button!

Uli_HH

Last edited by Uli_HH; 09-01-2009 at 03:56 AM..
Appreciate 0