08-31-2009, 10:45 PM   #34
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
It is my understanding that the MDM mode is integral to both the EDC and the iDrive, not because it is part of the Tech package but also of the several and particular features that the MDM accomplishes on top of loosing up the DSC limits.

So any aftermarket tuner solution of MDM would be only to mimic the DSC broader limit of intrusion and nothing else, IMO. I don't think that the investment of even trying to come up with other features (steering effort, throttle adjustments) while messing with the DSC level of intervention and testing all this will be something for a small tuner to handle.
I don't think MDM has anything to do with EDC. Adjusting suspension settings at unpredictable times would be a complete no-no. All it does is reduce the broader limits of instrusion. This however adjust itself accordingly. Hence "Dynamic".

It would be great if someone can confirm this. Though I'm 99.9% certain MDM has nothing to do with EDC. Many cars on the forum have gone with aftermarket coil systems such as Moton or KW, while retaining full use of MDM.

This is 100% an upsell gimmick on BMW's part.
Appreciate 0