08-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Glad to see this thread revived and more people expressing interest.

I have to believe this is very possible. There is a thread on the forum (I'll dig it up if there is interest) from a vendor who claims to have retrofit software for M-DCT to eliminate the lag. If vendors have that level of knowledge about the various CUs throughout these cars then anything is possible. The problem is that vendors might not see a market for all this. However, as I pointed out in my last post, ALL M3s would benefit from having a 3 position switch on the center console to toggle MDM. Additionally, being able to toggle steering and Sport+ from the console would be nice for everyone. I think there is a potentially big market for this mod.
I completely agree. The vendor is ESS Tuning in Arizona. They seem to be an expert in BMW software tuning. Steering and Sport+ would be great, but MDM is all I would really be interested in. If what Manila is saying about iDrive not being available in his country, being able to enable this via a 3 position switch would prove to lucrative. If a mod such as this existed, people who were considering iDrive just for MDM in the future may forgo it entirely and instead just do the mod thus making the market even bigger.
Appreciate 0